Celery isn’t one of the most popular vegetables nor is it one of the most sought after but maybe after reading this more people will find reasons to add it to their diet, at least in juice form. Celery is often mixed with other fruit and vegetable juices but standing alone, celery juice packs some pretty amazingly powerful healing properties. It can replenish electrolytes, prevent sickness, and restore digestive balance, just to name a few.
Health Benefits For The Gut
Celery and celery juice is extremely beneficial for our general health and well-being. It also has many health benefits specifically for the gut.
- Relieves Constipation
- Anti-inflammatory Properties
- Antioxidants - Helps prevent oxidative stress
- Antibiotic - Treats bacterial infections
- Antiparasitic - Great for treating Candida, SIBO, Leaky Gut
- Increases Natural Production of Stomach Acid - Helps digest food
Celery Supports Digestive Health
- Celery stimulates stomach acid.
- The compounds in celery induce gastric relaxation.
- Helps eliminate waste.
Stimulating the production of stomach acid helps ease most uncomfortable digestive symptoms such as : heartburn, bloating, and indigestion. Having low levels of stomach acid will cause digestive symptoms. The flavonoids present in celery (apigenin & quercetin), and many other fruits and vegetables, can improve digestion by inducing gastric relaxation or simply put, natural stomach movements made as the food passes through the gut
General Health Benefits
Here are some of the health benefits that don’t surround the gut adding another reason to start drinking celery juice regularly.
- Great For Skin - Adds a nice smooth glow
- Balances Blood Sugar - Unless carb and sugar intake is high
- Lowers Cholesterol
- Lowers Blood Pressure
- Contains Beta Carotene, Calcium, and Iron
- Full of Electrolytes, Magnesium, and Potassium - Making it super hydrating
- Great Source of Vitamins A - C - K
Our gut health plays a massive role in our overall health and well-being. A happy gut is a healthy gut and an unhappy gut can lead to a whirlwind of problems that escalate over time if our gut health isn’t managed properly. An unhealthy gut can drag us down in a big way so the sooner we take care of your gut is the sooner we take care of yourself.
Celery juice is a nutrient rich hydrating healing drink. You can mix it with other juices if the flavor isn’t up your alley it will only add more nutrition to your diet but having a small glass of celery juice straight will produce the best results. You can use a juicer or a food processor to get this super juice. Add a blend of your favorite fruits and vegetables or brave it alone, after all, it really isn’t that bad and it really is that good for you!